A Nice Warm LAZY High Protein Low Carb, Winter Hug that tastes like heaven without feeling guilty.
Makes 12 serves * Each portion will be ~25g of Protein
Mince (Pie Base)
- 1kg of Beef Mince (3 or 4 star)
- 1 really HUGE brown Onion or 2 apple size onions
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 packet mix of shepherd's pie
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 scoops of SANAME Tom Yum P360 Collagen BoneBroth
- 2 teaspoons of mushroom soy sauce (or just soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- salt & cracked pepper
- 1/2 a bag (500g) of frozen vegies <-- cubed ones work fine!!
Mashed Potato (Topping)
- 6-8 Large Washed Potatoes
- 3/4 cup of milk of your choice
- 2 table spoons (3 knobs) of salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vegemite
* Dice Potatoes and boil before starting the filling base, by the time you have finished the filling part the potatoes should be soft and ready to mash, you will need a large saucepan for the potatoes, a large pot for the mince mixture and a roasting baking tray to transfer the mince mixture & mash potato topping to.
(You can alternatively make individual pie tin size ones if you have 12 of them or make mini pies in 2 x 12 large muffin trays - whatever is easier for you).
- Dice onion & garlic and sear in a hot saucepan until starting to go translucent
- Add 1kg of Mince and stir through to break up and 3/4 cook evenly
- Add 2 by packet mixes & 3/4 cup of water
- Add SANAME Tom Yum BoneBroth & stir through quickly
- Add remaining mince ingredients and remove from heat
- Dice Potatoes and put in saucepan, cover with hot water and bring to boil, add a couple of pinches of salt to water
- Whilst Potatoes are coming to boil and cooking, do the filling part, once you have completed the filling part then the potatoes should be ready to mash
- Drain soft diced potatoes in colander, return to saucepan, add milk, butter, vegemite and a splash of salt, mash and then spread evenly over the Filling part and put in the oven on 180 degrees until potato topping gets a nice little brown crisp to it
- Let it cool for 10mins then serve
- If portioning up into 12 portions let it cool in the fridge for an hour before trying to portion up the leftovers, then store in in fridge/freezer
MIX IT UP & Try this Dish with these Different Flavours of SANAME Collagen & BoneBroths